Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Parable of the pumpkins

So I came across this idea on the wonderful pinterest that a lady had come up with and granted... Hers was much cuter than mine but I was using my current resources and this is what we came up with. The lesson talks about Patty and Perry. Patty is not very nice and tells lies and never says she is sorry and Perry on the other hand does just the opposite. So after you read the poem/story about these pumpkins you talk about how we want our insides to be. Clean and pure or dirty and ugly. And then you reveal I your kiddos what the insides of these pumpkins look like. Hadlie was loving it!! She couldn't get enough of looking inside Patty and seeing all of her gross slimy guts. Ha Aaron asked Hadlie is we should look at her insides and she got a very concerned look on her face and grabbed the top of her head and said, "I don't have a hole in my head to look into!!" hahaha we all chuckled and then to finish out the night we went and picked out some pumpkins for each of us. It was a great FHE lesson to go along with Halloween.

No comments: