Monday, May 14, 2012

Conquer the Canyon!!

It was time for my annual 5K run in Smithfield, UT! I actually got my oldest brother Jeff and my Dad to join us this year. It was so much fun. My BFF Ali and her husband joined us too! (except they ran with turbo jet legs!) I didn't do anything amazing, but I improved from last year and I only had to stop running once. So I felt very proud. My parents kicked some bum for being in their 50's. I hope my body can still move like theirs when I reach that age. :) and then after the race, my dear brother took us out to breakfast at Angie's... "it's where the locals eat." haha and it was delicious. We deserved all those calories! But it is always a cool feeling to know that you tried something and succeeded at it. Never quit on yourself. Prove to yourself that you can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it. :)

No comments: