Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy 26th Birthday Aaron!!

Why does this picture look so glorious? Because I, Mackenzie Doolin, a very loving wife, made this cake, the All-Time Favorite & ONLY Birthday cake Aaron requests for his birthday. German Chocolate Cake. I am pretty sure I have never made a cake from scratch before in my life than this day in my life. I have to admit, I was quite proud of myself for making this. (If you can't tell that by now - haha) But ultimately, this cake MADE Aaron's birthday, so it was all worth it! And I think by the time I am an old woman, I will be able to make this cake blindfolded.

Aaron's face after eating his delicious cake. (A side note: this was the beginning of "No Shave November" which turned into "No Shave December" and it would have been "No Shave January" too had he not messed up trying to trim it. He grows a pretty good beard!

Hadlie enjoying all the leaves outside our apartment.

She couldn't get enough of it!

No comments: