Sunday, January 3, 2010

Friends & Family Baby Shower!!!

First of all thanks to everyone who came to my shower. As you can see below, our family made quite the haul and we feel so blessed to have so much love and support behind us. I also need to thank my sister-in-laws and mom who put this shower on. Lindsey always goes above and beyond to put on the cutest showers. You might notice some cute flower balloons that she does and all the food and my family just takes good care of me. So thanks you guys!

Here are some of the things off the top of my head that I received:
Baby Blankets, CLOTHES galore :), bathtubs, a sweet bumbo chair, a diaper genie, a way sweet diaper bag, diapers, and I am sure there was a lot more, but we had a lot of fun.


This is the sweet little blankie that Grandma (my mom) made for the baby. It has Winnie the Pooh and clan all over it and they're all sleeping. Aaron made the final decision when picking out the fabric (because we were being so indecisive) and he said, "That one yells sleepy time on it. In fact, I'm getting tired just looking at it! It's perfect for a baby." So thank you for the sweet quilt Grandma Petersen!

These two little princesses helped me open all my presents. They were very good helpers at the shower. I think in this pic they were drawing me pics as a gift at my baby shower. So thanks for your help Ry and Paige!


What would a shower be without some of your best friends? This is me with Car and Dong (a.k.a. Brittany) Car has been my best friend since 3rd or 4th grade and we went to Snow College together and met Dong, along with many other friends. Now we rarely see each other because some of us are married, some are on missions, and some live in Vegas! But I still appreciate all their friendships and know they're just a phone call (or letter - to all the sister missionaries) away! But it was really good to see my friends at this shower. Thanks for everything you guys!

This is a cute little newborn outfit grandma got her and it is so tiny! I cannot believe there will be an actual baby inside to fill it out in about 4 weeks! If I ever get her room completely put together I also need to post a picture of the beautiful dresser/changing table that Aaron's cousin Nate & his wife Aloha gave us. We are so grateful for them and this generous gift to our family. I started to fill the drawers last night and got pretty giddy about everything. I also think I am getting nervous for everything because on top of being so uncomfortable, my mind would not stop racing when I was trying to go to sleep. Aaron even sang a sweet song to me (he made up all the words) but he was just trying to help me fall asleep. He is so sweet to me. And I'm so grateful that we are where we are today together. Having a baby will be a new and exciting adventure but I know it will all work out with him by my side. So I love you Aaron and you're gonna be a great dad to this little baby girl! :)





1 comment:

Lauren and Justin said...

Oh Kenz Benz! I wish I could have come! It looks like you got lots of fun stuff! And I miss you girls so much!! We need to have a reunion!! So have you guys decided on a name yet? And I need your address so I can send you a gift missy!! Send me a message on facebook or text me your address!! Loves!